Backup Administrator – L2
Positions: 1 No
Experience: 4 to 7 years
Education: Any Degree/Diploma
Mandatory Skills: Netbackup/ Commvault Simpana
- Managing, design, configuration and implementation of NetBackup, Commvault Simpana
- Provide Tier 3 support for backup server related issues as required.
- work in stretched shifts, 24X7 shift, odd working hours and weekends as per the work requirements.
- Provides direct technical support in Troubleshooting and implementing, the solution for global infrastructure.
- Strong experience in Veritas NetBackup performing backup, recovery, troubleshooting, performing proactive maintenance and optimizing performance.
- Experience in Perform daily backup routine maintenance, Add clients, configure NetBackup agent on clients, has the capability to provide guidance and take up escalations from the L1 team.
- experience in Symantec OpsCenter administration, reviewing OpsCenter on a daily basis to ensure monitoring and reporting integrity, daily review of the NBU logs and Symantec OpsCenter reports to ensure successful, backups using automated log monitors or similar tools, Restart unsuccessful jobs , Configuring Storage Units, Volume Pools, Disk Staging and storage life cycle policies and creating Policies and Schedules, Monitoring backup/ restore jobs Experience in troubleshooting NetBackup problems.
- experience in vaulting and tape rotation. Ensure tapes are rotated from the tape library periodically, Periodic patch management and maintenance for NetBackup Servers, clients and OpsCenter Server Ensure regular reporting to the management on Backup status, providing Dashboard, meeting Service level client backup policies and meet client SLA norms, Should have worked with Disk based backup solution environment
- Strict Adherence to use of the ticketing system for All incidents, changes and problems
- Ability to Correlate Incidents trends into problem management and execute permanent fixes
- Execute Monthly patch management research, reports and Implementation on system Infrastructure
- Should possess good product and domain knowledge, capable of planning and executing critical tasks independently, Strong trouble shooting skills
- Provides support with an emphasis on Internal SLA and commitments are met on time and with a high level of quality.